Sunday, August 29, 2010

In Bed

This weekend was a long, fun-filled weekend. Although I managed to not awaken with a pink lemonade and spiced apple hangover (score!), I didn't feel like Suzi Homemaker today.

We had Chinese take out tonight for dinner.

Bloated with General Tso's and eggrolls - the following was the fortune I pulled from an incredibly stale cookie: "Win as if you are used to it, lose as if you enjoyed it for a change."

...in bed.

I don't know when I started the habit of adding "in bed" to the end of a fortune. Sometimes, they really juice up the interpretation - other times, like tonight, not so much.

My husband's was "You are an outgoing and fun loving person"... in bed.

Yep. That one worked....and isn't a lie.

Both are less fortune and more generalities than I'd prefer.

Stale like the cookies.

At least they aren't poor English. Those are bad - the American-made happy meal toy end of the meal prize heads somewhere else to be written, then poorly translated, and then folded into cookies.

Anyway, it looks like tonight I will enjoy time with my outgoing and fun husband - and either win or be excited about not winning.

Yay....

2 comments:

Ella said...

On my 18th birthday, my mom took me out to eat and made me play the fortune cookie 'in bed' game with her.

I was all game for it, and she went first, spouting off something about trees in bed then it came to be my turn.


"Your flexibility will only strengthen with time and experience... in bed."

It was awkward but we still managed to laugh!

Cort (Modern Super Momma) said...

Ella, that made me squirm in discomfort!! Eek!!