Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Chiseling time out of a rock solid schedule - it sure isn't a masterpiece, but it gets the job done

Stop.

Hammer time. (I couldn't help myself!)

Everyone needs a break. Especially modern super mommas!! It is difficult to give yourself the gift of a break. MSMs are the ultimate multitaskers. Not only are we doing at least 5 things at once, but we're already strategizing how the next 5 things are going to be done, AND feeling guilty because still another 5 things just slipped out of our grasp. We can't do it all - and trying 100% of the time to grab that perfection star isn't sustainable.

Stop and smell the roses - or vino - Calgon take me away!

There is a magic, secret password that someone once told me about that affords the speaker time, money and energy they wouldn't otherwise be granted. It's like rubbing the lamp. Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice. The password is key in the survival of an MSM, but yours truly is just as guilty as the next person for forgetting it when it is most needed. "No." It doesn't need to be shouted (or growled), but overextending yourself is how you get stretched too thin.

Say "No" to something today - just one little thing. Make Nancy Reagan proud! :)

To all you single modern super mommas out there - I give you credit. Mad, mad props. Every day, I get overwhelmed with some aspect of my existence, but I am certainly not playing solo here. You ladies are my heroes for doing what you can to raise a family without the support of a partner. May you be granted a break every now and then to refresh your mind, body and spirit.

No comments: