Four of the last five nights.
I've come to the following conclusions about sharing my bed with a 15 month old:
- Under no circumstance is it possible to be far enough away to avoid getting kicked.
- Those kicks will either land on the head or squarely in the boob regardless of baby/parent orientation in the bed.
- The closer to dozing off you become, the farther from sleep she will be.
- She will fall asleep the moment just before you were going to shift that one last time.
- You will have a random itch, limb fall asleep, or toe cramp that results in waking her at least once before you both achieve a REM pattern.
- She has no "roll over and fall back to sleep" option, if she sees your eyes open all bets are off.
- Waking up to her gently playing with your eyelashes is much more terrifying and much less cute than it sounds.