If you've seen me in person, you may have noticed that I'm a little bit more on edge.
Our house is no longer safe. There is a breech in the force field around our home.
They've broken in...
- Yes, I live in the woods.
- Yes, I have professional experience trapping these critters in their native habitat (and feeling them up to determine sex and pregnancy status)
- Yes, I know that they won't suck my blood or eat my child.
- Yes, I am aware that they will not spread any crazy disease to my family or pets.
I'm also freaked out to no end that my husband walked into the kitchen a couple of weeks ago to a little bugger sitting on the counter staring back at him.
I am completely not OK with that.
- Worse than having to seal the crack under my bedroom door with a foam kid couch,
- Worse than sitting in my living room hearing them running around in the kitchen and blaming it on dog gas (with two large dogs...you can blame almost anything on dog gas),
- Worse than hearing the *SNAP* in the middle of the night and hearing the trap flop and flop and flop...and then getting up in the morning to an empty trap,
...is knowing that we've sealed off EVERY entryway for the critters - all gaps under the sinks, holes drilled in the floor for the previous owner's water softener, all openings are sealed. AND THEY'RE STILL GETTING IN!!
I swear, it almost makes me consider getting another cat...but then I remember the hell of cat piss our lives were with the last one. Maybe I'll just take the mice on as pets.
Embrace my situation.
I'll name the next one Fluffy.