Monday, September 27, 2010

Who you gonna call?

Day 2 of my conference, so I have Nicole from By Word of Mouth - give a warm MSM welcome!!  (By the way, I am coming up with some great content to share (at my own expense) in future posts!) ~ Modern Super Momma!

Huge thanx to Modern (so cute and hip) Super (yes, she is juggling her life so stupendously) Momma (her favorite role of all) for the invite to write over on her blog for her and amuse y'all in her absence.

I write a blog, just like y'all do and some days its fulfilling, some days I even amuse myself and some days I wonder why ... but  I write anyway.  I have so many roles to play in my day, Mom role: Wife to one Incredible Guy, Mommy to two Wonderful Girls, Homeschooler, Zookeeper, Office Manager, Mediator, Creative Director, Travel Agent, Chauffeur and sometimes Master Chef ... it all boils down to the World's Best Job but if I didn't write about it, it may just all boil over!


Its going to be one of those days, the internet is acting up which is of course attached to the phone and the cable. What was I thinking of with one box for all? I love when you call the helpline for the internet and they tell you that you can ask for help online ... hello? Isn't that why I am calling you? We have had longstanding issues with Comcast, when we call them and they pull up our account, it has to be a big giant file with a big red x on it, since no one in the country could possibly have had as many issues with them! (actually, my sister in law has had quite a run with them, so maybe its a family thing, if she hadn't married my brother, bet she would have a perfect cable account)

Sometimes I wonder if Comcast is run by this guy and he takes maniacal pleasure in torturing the public ...


Every time we have a problem and they say they will send someone out - first thing out of my mouth is, can you pull up the file and make sure you don't send the first guy out again ...

And then I have to tell them why ...

So let me tell you why ...

When we moved into the house, Comcast came to move the cable. They were everywhere, I kid you not. There were tv's in every room, including the master bath and the laundry room! Within a few minutes of 'the cable guy' being here, he asked who lived here before us, and I told him that the couple got divorced and we didn't know them. He shook his head, gave me a serious look and said ... 'I have to tell you this house has bad Ju-Ju, and I can take care of that', now let me tell you, the Comcast guy who came did not look anything like this ...
which is a good thing cos Mr 51% may have rushed home from the office and given him/her a hand ... but having someone offering to perform an exorcism is not something you want to hear when you have just moved into a new house. Before I could say another word, he raised his arms, closed his eyes and started chanting. Okay, so he didn't look this, but he was really kind of creepy ...
So as he was shaking his arms and chanting this litany of 'who are you, who are you, why are you here, why are you here, you need to be gone ...' it was not a Sigourney Weaver moment that made me feel like this ...

It was more of this kind of a Sigourney Weaver moment, and I had the girls stay out of the house, since I had no big guns to protect them with and the dog would just lick anyone to death ...

Since I was now hiding from him too, when he suddenly appeared back in the family room, he frightened the life out of me. The whole shaking out his arms, tossing his head from side to side trying to relax his neck muscles or dealing with the demons now in his head (not sure) didn't help much. He told me it was all good now, and he needed air. This seemed a good time to stay with the girls outside, and I could see him pass by the windows once or twice. After about a half hour, I decided to venture inside, but could not find him anywhere!
I crept around the house, slowly entering a room, carefully pushing back closet doors, convinced the man was hiding and waiting to pounce (okay, would you have been rational at this point?) But I never found him, then of course, did not sleep that night since I jumped at every sound!

So today should I call Comcast or should I go right ahead and call these guys ...

I don't need them to save the world, just my blog .. because wouldn't you miss me horribly if I was gone?

Thanks, Nicole! Again, you can find Nicole on her blog:  By Word of Mouth and on Twitter: @OByWordOfMouthO.

No comments: