Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Swallowing my pride and doing a jig

I used to say I didn't care what people thought.

A big "screw you" to anyone who questioned my hair, my clothes, whatever.

Of course, I cared. You all know that I always care about what others think.

Standing beside my car, shaking my head, playing peek-a-boo and dancing while I put gas in the car is a standard for me now.

People may talk.

I may care that they talk.

But every last one of them would stop to play peek-a-boo with the toddler munching on goldfish (yes, a bribe to be good) if they only saw her for a second.

So screw them for talking.

And not joining us.

That is all.

3 comments:

Stay at Home Babe said...

Toddler jigs are the best jigs around!

Dwayne said...

My daughter is 9 and I still play peek a boo with her when I am pumping gas. She still smiles also.

Cort (Modern Super Momma) said...

It's good to know that I'm not the only one clowning around! :) Seriously, kid smiles are like crack.