Thursday, October 7, 2010

October 7, 2009: Today, a year ago

I won't do these posts continuously...but today - one year ago - is VERY important to me.

I was 13.5 months pregnant (actually, it was the day before my due date). I was miserable. I couldn't breathe.  I couldn't eat.

Her feet were in my ribs.  Her head was scrubbing against my pelvic bone.  She could kick like a donkey.

She had hiccups.

I could grab a hand or foot if it pressed hard enough on my belly.

I knew she was ticklish.

I was 99.9% sure of the name we'd call her - but until now, we just called her "Sprout."



I had been completely ansty the entire week.  I HAD things I HAD to get DONE before she CAME.

My brain was jell-o, sitting made me sweat.  I wanted to sleep, and hadn't done so comfortably for 2 months.  I worked my ass off - knowing in my heart of hearts that she wouldn't actually come on her due date.  I left a couple small threads dangling when I signed off that evening.

Little did I know, it was my last full day pregnant - ever.

Yes, my hair is wet - AND I was on my way out to dinner. Preggers can totally get away with that!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

All I can say is wow. You look gorgeous. And Happy Birthday to your little one and you of course :)